PO Box 853
Lyons, CO 80540
- Basic to advanced skills with Photoshop, WordPress (web building), Indesign, Dreamweaver, HTML, IMovie, Google Analytics, StatCounter analytics
- Strong writing, research and editing skills
- Ability to develop and implement strategic communications plans
- Social media expertise in the areas of blogging, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Flickr (including the development and implementation of these platforms
- Basic film and video editing skills
- Experience working with three different content management systems
- Excellent public relations skills, including writing and disseminating press releases and garnering earned media
- Friendly and fun to work with
- Excellent public speaker, able to do presentations with confidence, clarity and ease
MS from Utah State University in Journalism and Communications, 2003
Dec. 09 to March 11: Social Engagement Manager, Metropolitan State College of Denver
I established a Web 2.0 presence for the offices of Alumni Relations and Institutional Advancement that included various social media platforms, which I built. I increased the number of fans/followers/group members from hundreds to almost 4,000. I created: a Facebook Fan Page, 2000 fans; a LinkedIn group, 1500 members; a YouTube page, 25 videos; a Twitter page, 200 followers; and a Metro State Alumni & Friends blog.
As well, I collaborated on designs for email correspondence of all types (invitations, notifications, e-newsletters); wrote and edited text content/shot and edited video content for of all types for social media platforms and e-mail; developed comprehensive social media analytics to help strategize better marketing and public relations techniques to use for social media, website and e-mails; developed Blackbaud’s NetCommunity Grow content management system and also updated existing pages and built new pages for current websites.
March 08 to Aug. 08: Managing Editor, Berthoud Recorder.
Consultant. Hired staff, oversaw redesign of paper, edited, wrote articles, took photos, strategized weekly publication
March 05 to Aug. 07: Managing Editor, FindYourSpot.com.
Edited, wrote profiles, developed and published monthly e-newsletter, cultivated earned media opportunities, public relations, marketing, search engine optimization/search engine marketing (SEO/SEM) management
Feb. 03 to Feb. 06: Executive Director, Girls Education International
Raised funds, administered Liberia Scholarship Program, developed and implemented marketing and public relations protocol, established a social media, e-newsletter and e-mail correspondence campaign. Please visit the website
Nov. 06 to Nov. 09: Publisher, Founder, Editor, She Sends magazine
Wrote, edited, public relations/marketing, advertising, sales, managed volunteers, etc
Feb. 07 to June 07: Volunteer PR/Marketing Director, HERA Climb4Life, Colorado event
Jan 04 to March 09: Senior contributing editor, Rock & Ice magazine
July 02 to April 04: Features editor, Estes Park Trail Gazette
Freelance Writing Jobs
Rocky Mountain Sports, Nutrition Business Journal, On the Edge, The Alpinist, The Mountain Hardwear catalog, Climbing magazine, Utah Outdoors, Women’s Adventure Magazine, The American Alpine Journal, Alternative Medicine, Homepower magazine, Logan Herald Journal, the Lyons Recorder.